Let’s Clear the Air with a Cold Turkey Contest!
Did you know that quitting tobacco for even 24 hours increases the chances of quitting for good? As part of the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout on Thursday, November 17, we are encouraging tobacco users to pick that date to make a plan to quit, or plan in advance to actually quit tobacco that day. To provide support, Yale offers free tobacco cessation programs for faculty, staff, and their families. You can also test your tobacco-free IQ, and enter our drawing to win a “cold turkey.”
Tobacco-Free Yale, By the Numbers
In November 2015, President Salovey announced the Tobacco-Free Yale Public Health Campaign (TFY). In the past year, the Tobacco-Free Yale Team has been busy. Here is a brief update.
What’s been done:
• Almost 100 members from the Yale Community have reached out for tobacco-cessation resources.
• Over 20 campus ambassadors were recruited to help spread the word about a Tobacco-Free Yale.
• Outreach was provided to over 700 people from across campus about Yale’s free cessation programs.
• Seven videos were created (viewed over 650 times) in the TFY series “We Quit, You Can Too!”
• 2,500+ people visited our Tobacco-Free website (525 viewing “how to quit” page!)
What You Can Do:
- Read - more about Yale’s free cessation programs.
- Watch – be inspired by these videos featuring Yale staff members talking about how they quit.
- Help – a friend or family member quit!
- Visit – TFY website.
- Follow - TFY on Facebook.
Cold Turkey Contest - What is your tobacco-free IQ?
Test your Tobacco-Free IQ while finding out more about free cessation resources or tips on how to help a friend or family member stop smoking or using tobacco products. Take this quiz by November 18 and enter the drawing to win a free turkey. (Three winners will be randomly selected and announced on November 21.)
For questions or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners - November 2016 Contest
On Monday, Nov. 21, the drawing for the winners of the Cold Turkey contest took place. Three lucky staff and graduate students won turkeys. Congratulations to them: